Thursday, May 01, 2008

time for an update!

i've caught the knitting bug again! seems like it's been so long. koolhaas is almost done, i just have to make myself finish the top.



i'm sure it's anxiety caused by "what if it doesn't fit!" that's taking me so long. i really think that's my problem when it comes to knitting items that will be worn - when they're done i may find out that i wasted all that time on something that doesn't even fit. makes me think i'll never knit a sweater.

ahhhh...but blankets! now there's something that'll get me excited! my first ever blanket - the hemlock ring blanket - i just don't want to put this baby down. i started it tuesday and feel like i'm doing pretty well.

lace really is more fun than anything else, especially done in a heavier weight like this - you get to see results so much faster. oh, and i'm finally using up my recycled yarn that i got from a thrift store sweater(learned how here).

after this post, i'm worried i'm becoming a brooklyntweed addict - well, thank you jared, you're an amazing designer.

1 comment:

knottygnome said...

your koolhaas looks very nice! that one's been on my list forever.